Home › Academic Affairs › Graduate Programs
Get started today!
As a student-centered environment, Virginia Union University has multiple online pathways for academic achievement and innovation, which include quality graduate programs delivered by respected faculty composed of talented professors, scholars, advisors, and researchers, who are dedicated to helping students become life-long learners.
The Division of Academic Affairs at Virginia Union University is committed to exemplary teaching and boasts of its proud faculty, composed of talented professors, scholars, advisors, and researchers who are dedicated to helping students to become life-long learners. The Division includes five academic schools: the Sydney Lewis School of Business; the Evelyn Reid Syphax School ofEducation; School of Arts and Sciences, School of Latin and Caribbean Cultures and the Samuel Dewitt Proctor School of Theology. Additionally, the L. Douglas Wilder Library, Talent Search, Student Support Services, Upward Bound and The University College are included in the Division of Academic Affairs.
Overall, the mission of the Division of Academic Affairs is to prepare students to successfully compete with their counterparts upon graduation for employment and admissions to graduate or professional studies, while exhibiting characteristics of the ideal Virginia Union University Graduate. The Division of Academic Affairs is dedicated to providing an overall academic environment which is sensitive, supportive, and nurturing, while challenging students to achieve new levels of excellence. This is done with primary emphasis on excellent teaching, research, service, advising, a strong curriculum, and high quality Academic Support Services. The Division also subscribes to the University’s rich heritage and traditions which are anchored in the liberal arts and is responsive to promoting the University’s overall Mission.
We know changing the world isn’t easy. But our award-winning faculty members are here to help you thrive, so you can solve society’s greatest challenges. Choose from our online graduate academic degrees offered by Virginia Union University, one of the nation's leading HBCUs.
- Curriculum and Instruction (MACI), Master of Arts (M.A.)
- Curriculum and Instruction, Elementary Education Track, Master of Arts (M.A.)
- Curriculum and Instruction, Special Education (K-12) Track, Master of Arts (M.A.)
- Curriculum and Instruction, Urban Education Track, Master of Arts (M.A.)
- Political Science, Master of Arts (M.A.)
- Public Health, Master of (M.P.H.)
- Hospitality Management, Master of Science (M.S.)
- Divinity, Master of (M.Div.)
- Curriculum and Instruction, Master of Education (M.Ed.)
- Christian Education, Master of (M.A.C.E.)
- Executive Business Administration, Master of (M.B.A.)
- Biology, Master of Science (M.S.)
Admissions Contact for Graduate Studies
Mylaka J. Simpson
Director of Admissions for Graduate Studies
Virginia Union University804-342-3565