- You must submit transcripts from all colleges or universities attended. Transcripts may be uploaded for review; however, an official transcript must be submitted directly to the Office of Graduate Admissions within 30 days after the first day of classes.
- Documents that are unsealed, photocopied, notarized, faxed, or scanned are not accepted.
- Review transcript requirements for domestic applicants and international applicants.
- A CV or resume with an accurate chronological outline of all previous college-level education.
- Note: A CV/resume is required for all applicants who wish to be considered for an assistantship.
Standardized Test Scores
- Official test results are required from a nationally standardized graduate admission test, such as the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) or Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT), or an equivalent test that is acceptable for the program to which you are applying. Because these tests are required by departments rather than by the Graduate School, contact your program of interest for more information.
- These scores are considered official only when they are sent directly to the Office of Admissions from the testing agency. Examinee copies are not considered official.
- Please use ETS Institution Code 0000 to have the agency send scores to VUU.
English Language Proficiency
- Official IELTS, TOEFL, or PTE results from the testing agency are considered official.
- Applicants with a bachelor’s or advanced degree from an accredited institution of higher education in the United States or from a university where English is the primary language of instruction are exempt from the English proficiency requirement.
Letters of Recommendation
- We will ask you to provide names and contact information for three references on the online application. The three people should be acquainted with your academic program, scholastic ability or professional performance.
- Within a few days of submitting your application, an invitation will be emailed to each reference with a link to our online form.
- If your reference encounters any issues or have additional questions, have them email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional Admission Requirements
- Individual academic departments or colleges may impose more restrictive admission requirements. Program requirements may be based on other factors, such as research interests of the prospective student, letters of recommendation, personal statement, interviews/portfolios/auditions, or other factors specified by the program.
- Contact the admissions office at (804) 342-3565 for specific requirements and deadlines.
Other Things to Consider
- If you are applying to more than one program, a separate application and fee are required for each program, as are separate recommendation letters.
- Keep all admission deadlines in mind when preparing materials.
- Please keep a copy of your application materials. The application and all supporting documents become the property of VUU and cannot be returned to the applicant, forwarded to another institution, or duplicated for any purpose other than the VUU application review and admission process.