The Master Science in Hospitality Management is an 18 month program requiring the completion of 36 credit hours. To be considered full-time, a student is required to take 9 credits
per semester. Courses will be held online on various days (total instructional time for a 3-credit course will be 45 hours per semester).
The curriculum in the hospitality management option is designed to equip learners with skills in service, operations management, hospitality technology, food and beverage operations, as well as solid business fundamentals in marketing and accounting.
Core Courses (6 credits):
Global Contemporary Issues in Hospitality and Leadership
Advanced Hospitality (Capstone Course)
Foundation Courses (18 credits):
Financial and Cost Analysis in Hospitality Management
Economics and Operational Strategies of Hospitality Management
Hotel/Resort Planning and Development
Human Resource Management in Hospitality
Revenue Management Strategies
Research Application and Data Analysis
Electives Courses (12 credits):
Hospitality Business Law and Risk Management
Hospitality Strategic Marketing and Event Planning
Hospitality Investment and Asset Management
Hospitality Strategic Planning
Total: 36 credits
Admissions Criteria and Application Requirements
- Applicant must have received an earned Baccalaureate degree with a minimum GPA of
2.7 in any field from a regionally accredited college or university
- Online application to the admissions office
- Official academic transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Three letters of reference that focus on the candidate’s ability to successfully complete
graduate studies. The letters must focus on the student’s academic record, work record
and personal character. One letter from a former instructor is preferred.
- Personal statement (500 words) of purpose to include their career goals.
- Students whose first language is not English, must pass the (Test of English as a Foreign
Language) TOEFL with a score of 550 or better and submit to the Admission Office.
For more information email the Graduate Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org