The Master in Science in Biology is a 2 year, 39-credit hour program, offering both a thesis and a non-thesis option. The thesis option requires an oral examination through a three-member faculty committee. The non-thesis option requires advanced coursework in a specified sub- discipline. The graduate program is supported by fully equipped laboratory facilities, state-of- the-art curriculum, and upon graduation, will position our students for leadership in science, health, and biological/biomedical or related fields.
• Provide advanced level training in the field of biology
• Prepare students to master broad-based and specialized research techniques
• Prepare the next generation of leaders in academic, government and industrial job
• Prepare students to deliver professional presentations of independent scholarly
research in specialized areas of biological sciences.
Admissions Criteria and Application Requirements
- Applicant must have received an earned Baccalaureate degree with a minimum GPA of
2.7 in any field from a regionally accredited college or university
- Online application to the admissions office
- Official academic transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Three letters of reference that focus on the candidate’s ability to successfully complete
graduate studies. The letters must focus on the student’s academic record, work record
and personal character. One letter from a former instructor is preferred.
- Personal statement (500 words) of purpose to include their career goals.
- Students whose first language is not English, must pass the (Test of English as a Foreign
Language) TOEFL with a score of 550 or better and submit to the Admission Office.
For more information email the Graduate Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org