Home › Academic Affairs › Graduate Programs
Six months prior to applying
• Research areas of interest, institutions and programs.
• Register and prepare for appropriate admission tests.
• If appropriate, obtain letters of recommendations.
Three months prior to applying
• Take required admissions tests.
• Obtain application materials.
• Visit institutions of interest, if possible.
• Write your application essay.
• If needed for medical, dental, osteopathy, podiatry, or law school, register for the national application or data assembly service most programs use.
Fall/One year before matriculating
• Take admission tests if you have not already done so.
• Send in completed applications.
• Winter/Before matriculating in the fall:
• Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and the CSS Financial Aid PROFILE, if required.
Spring/Before matriculating in the fall
• Check with all institutions before the deadline to make sure your file is complete.
• Send a deposit to your institution of choice.
• Notify other colleges and universities that accepted you of your decision so that they may admit students on their waiting list.
• Send thank you notes to people who wrote your recommendation letters, informing them of your success.